Got home today and took the opportunity to get some much needed adjustments done to my compost pile. Did some reading for a few hours last night and made the changes this afternoon.
I found some big wood logs (starting to rot, but still usable) to make a much more structurally sound wall. The extra logs helped with adding some height as well. Turned everything up, mixed in some grass clippings, some peat moss and manure and well I am happy so far. Do not know if I am going to be getting heat out the pile any time soon, but time will tell.
I found a cool list of things that can be composted. I read the list and did a little scavenger hunt around the house. Found a bunch of things that I added to the pile. Fortunately, dryer lint is something that my wife and I collected (for some reason) and I was able to throw a bunch in.
Overall, a very productive afternoon.